JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
+ Why face shape matters when choosing a hair style
No matter your face shape -- round, oval, square, heart or long -- there will be haircuts that look best on you and a few that aren't flattering (unless you're an oval, in which case you look good in practically everything).
The key to a flattering hairstyle is one that creates the illusion that you have a perfectly oval face. There are cuts that help make a round face appear longer, a long face appear wider, a square jaw appear softer and large foreheads and double chins basically disappear.
It's not magic, it's just finding the right haircut.
There are other things to consider when choosing a style, like hair texture, your personality, your lifestyle and even your body type.
+ I have thick and unmanageable hair with a lot of frizz. Could a detangling conditioner be a solution for my problem? How does it work? Do I have to put it on my hair every day and do I need to wash my hair before applying the detangling conditioner?
Often, I find that many women whose major complaint is that their hair is unmanageable or too frizzy are over-washing their hair. Unless you exercise and sweat a lot or work outdoors or in a dirty, dusty, or greasy environment, odds are good that your hair is not getting sufficiently soiled to merit a daily shampooing.
+ How important is it to use the correct hair care range?
The biggest complaint we hear from our clients about their hair is that they cannot produce the same results at home as their stylist does in the salon. We do our best to educate everyone on how to style their hair at home, and with that comes a recommendation for the shampoo, conditioner and styling aids we’ve used to create that look you love.
Yet, our salon, like most salons in our industry only sell our recommended hair care brands to 30% of our clients. Now we know the remaining 70% of our customers are at least shampooing their hair on a regular basis.
So why do they trust their stylist with the shaping, styling and coloring of their hair but not with their home care needs?
We can’t be sure what everyone thinks about the subject, but we thought it would be helpful for us to explain why it really DOES matter what products you buy as well as where you buy them.
Here’s our top reasons why you should consider purchasing your hair care items from your stylist and not somewhere else:
1. Salon products ARE better: Generally, professional products use gentler surfactants (cleansers), are more concentrated, and have higher levels of ingredients that produce true results.
Of any person, hair stylists see what damaging effects occur when guests use drug store brands. We also see what miracles can happen when a customer uses our recommended brands.
It’s always baffled us as to how many clients think nothing of spending hundreds of rands on their hair colour and cuts, but yet choose to “care” for their hair with cheap, random stuff found at a drug store. You wouldn’t wash your Calvin Klein silk shirt in Palmolive hand soap would you? Why would you take that risk with your hair?
2. Cheap brands are watered down: Drug store brands can make a big bottle seem cheap, when in actuality it’s diluted too much to give you the results you’re seeking. Our products have higher concentrations of quality active ingredients in order to maximize the effects on your hair. This will allow you to use less and receive more noticeable results. You may spend more on the bottle because the ingredients are higher quality and more concentrated, but you’ll replace it less frequently which means you’ll end up saving money.
3. No Guarantee: Your stylist is the only one who is knowledgeable enough to know which shampoo, conditioner and styling products are right for your hair texture, density, life style and desired result. When you buy in a drug store, you’re taking a guess and more than likely spending money on items that won’t give you the results you need. We know our brands and guarantee you will love the hair care you purchase from us.
4. Invest in your local hair salon: If you love your stylist and your salon, you’ll be happy to hear that purchasing your home care items from them is actually how they stay in business and are able to afford their supplies, tools and continuing education. The money you spend on your services barely covers the overhead of a healthy salon business. (I know, shocking isn’t it?) It’s your home care purchases that afford us the resources we need to grow and continue to improve the service experience you’ve come to enjoy. You can feel good about spending your money at a place that really matters to you, and help support the local economy.
5. You don’t know what’s REALLY in that bottle: Retailers that are not hair salons are not legally allowed to sell salon brand products. This means they often obtain these brands from wholesalers who go out of business or have shady business practices (notice how they never have an entire product line in stock, only bits and pieces).
The products you love may be well beyond their expiration date, left sitting in a hot warehouse for “who knows how long”, or even diluted or tampered with.
+ Hi I have very dry and frizzy hair. Can you please suggest a treatment that can condition, add shine and tame frizz, without completely straightening. More info about the Micro Keratin treatment, pls.
Micro Keratin is a new and highly advanced keratin smoothing treatment, a first for the hair industry.
+ Does Hair get thicker during pregnancy
If there's one big change that almost every woman reports during pregnancy, it's thicker longer hair and awesome hair days. Thank those extra hormones, because it's their job to make sure that baby in your body grows strong and healthy. A side effect is that the extra hormones shift your hair's growth cycle, keeping your hair in the growth phase during your entire pregnancy. Basically, all that hair that you normally shed on a daily basis, stops falling out. You'll find that you may not shed a single hair while your pregnant.
Some research suggests that hair strands actually get thicker while a woman is pregnant. Meaning the diameter of each hair increases during pregnancy.
Unusual hair loss while you are pregnant happens to very few women. If you experience hair loss, this may be due to a vitamin or mineral deficiency, and mentioning it to your physician is highly recommended.
+ What and who is Bio Kinetic
In 1995, Dirk Schoeman, the Managing Director, (Nat.Dip.Analytical Chemistry) started PHS Cosmetic. The company engaged manufacturers and co-developed a Professional Hair Care System called Bio-Kinetic®.
The Bio-Kinetic® system has subsequently become a household brand name across South Africa. PHS Cosmetic has also developed a strong relationship with two Italian companies, SOCO Cosmetici & Leader CAM, in order to expand Bio-Kinetic’s offering to the South African Hair Stylist.
+ Does the tanning bed hurt your hair in any way?
Ask a question
Contact Us: Anri Swan
Mobile no: 082 229 4798
Fax no: 086 698 6635
For more information, please fill in our contact us form.
|Back||Back to top|